There are two games on the board between two ranked teams this Saturday. No. 11 Georgia hosts No. 17 Mississippi State as a 6.5-point betting favorite and No. 6 Oklahoma State hosts No. 16 TCU as a 12-point favorite. Oklahoma State is 33-3 SU in its last 36 games played in the month of September.
Four of the Top 5 teams in the current AP Top 25 rankings are on the road this Saturday. No. 1 Alabama (-18.5) at Vanderbilt, the No. 3 Sooners (-26.5) at Baylor, No. 4 Penn State (-12.5) at Iowa, and No. 5 USC at California.
College Football Week 4 Odds
Boston College at Clemson (-34)
Alabama (-18.5) at Vanderbilt
Oklahoma (-26.5) at Baylor
Penn State (-12.5) at Iowa
USC (16) at California
TCU at Oklahoma State (-12)
Washington (-10) at Colorado
Mississippi State at Georgia (-6.5)
- The Oklahoma Sooners are 12-0 straight up and 9-3 against the spread in their last 12 games on the road. The Sooners will try to extend their road winning streak this Saturday night against the Baylor Bears. Oklahoma is a 26.5-point favorite at Baylor at sportsbooks monitored by OddsShark.com. Baylor’s season is off to a disastrous start, losing back-to-back games as double-digit favorites at home to Liberty and UTSA and then losing 34-20 at Duke last week. The Bears are 0-9 SU and 1-8 ATS over their last nine regular season games.
- Alabama is 11-0 SU in its last 11 road games and 7-1 ATS over its last eight per the OddsShark College Football Database. The Crimson Tide have also won each of their last 11 games against Vanderbilt.
- Penn State hasn’t failed to cover the spread in any of its last 12 games going 11-0-1 ATS over that stretch. The Nittany Lions are just 1-4 SU in their last five trips to Iowa, however. Iowa has won 13 of its last 16 games at home outright.
- USC survived a scare against Texas last Saturday as 16.5-point favorites, and now will face its first road test of the season at Cal. The Trojans haven’t lost to Cal since 2003, owning a 13-0 SU and 10-3 ATS record in their last 13 games against their Pac-12 rival.
- Other games featuring top teams this week include Boston College at No. 2 Clemson (-34) and No. 7 Washington (-10) at Colorado. Washington is a perfect 7-0 SU and ATS in its last seven games against Colorado.
For more info, picks and a breakdown of this week’s top sports betting news check out the new OddsShark podcast with Jon Campbell and Andrew Avery. Subscribe on iTunes, or check it out at OddsShark.libsyn.com.