Late Sunday night, the Dolphins found themselves investigating a video that appeared to show offensive line coach Chris Foerster snorting a white substance with a $20 bill before going into a meeting.

On Monday morning, Foerster resigned, taking full responsibility.

The situation is one that surfaced quickly, so we’re here to explain everything you need to know about Foerster, and statements by both him and the Dolphins.

Who is Chris Foerster?

Foerster has been an assistant coach in the NFL since 1993, when he got his start as a tight ends and assistant offensive line coach with the Minnesota Vikings. Since then, he’s made stops in Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, Miami, Baltimore, San Francisco twice, and Washington before rejoining Miami in 2016. He also spent a number of years coaching in college football, starting in 1982.

According to ESPN, Foerster was one of the highest-paid assistants in the NFL with a salary between $2.5 and $3 million a season.

Who posted the video, and why did they post it?

Kijuana Nige, a Las Vegas dancer, posted the video on Facebook.

In her original post with the video, that has been deleted, she wrote the following:

“I really don’t do this often but… since it’s NFL Sunday let’s talk about these coaches folks ,” Nige wrote. “Introducing Christopher Foerster Miami Dolphin offensive line coach Hey honey are you still high.”

Nige posted a statement about why she posted the video in an also now-deleted post:

The white people mad at me like I forced blow down this mans nose and like I recorded it on tha low. No those are his habits and he recorded himself and sent it to me professing his love. So quick to make excuses for him but will roast a minority player over an athem, dog fights, weed, domestic issues etc. But y’all keep saying ALL LIVES MATTER STFU‼️

What did the Dolphins say about the situation?

After learning about the video last night and investigating, the team released the following statement on Monday morning:

“We were made aware of the video late last night and have no tolerance for this behavior. After speaking with Chris this morning, he accepted full responsibility and we accepted his resignation effective immediately. Although Chris is no longer with the organization, we will work with him to get the help he needs during this time.”

At his Monday morning press conference, head coach Adam Gase said that he found out about the video around 10:45 p.m. Sunday night. He called Foerster that night and told him he was aware of the situation, and Foerster apologized to Gase.

“He’s been a guy who just put his head down and worked,” Gase said. “[He] was here at four in the morning, worked as hard as he could for us. So, it is what it is.”

“Anytime you lose a really good coach it’s not ideal,” Gase added. “We’ll rally, we’ll figure out a way, we’ll show up next week, we’ll do our thing.”

What about Foerster?

He, too, released a statement via the team’s website. He announced his resignation, and accepted full responsibility for his actions, confirming it was him in the video:

“I am resigning from my position with the Miami Dolphins and accept full responsibility for my actions. I want to apologize to the organization and my sole focus is on getting the help that I need with the support of my family and medical professionals.”

What happens next?

This is the second time the Dolphins have had an offensive line coach exit due to controversy. In 2014, they fired Jim Turner after the Jonathan Martin bullying scandal.

Assistant offensive line coach Chris Kuper is expected to take over for Foerster, according to ESPN.

If Foerster were to make a return to the NFL, he’s subject to NFL discipline for the incident.

Via SBNation.com