The Atlanta Falcons blowing a 25-point lead in Super Bowl LI to the New England Patriots has become the NFL’s version of the Warriors’ blown 3-1 NBA Finals lead in 2016. Thursday before their season opener against the Chiefs, the Patriots trolled with the score and time in the stadium.
It was 28-3, in case you’ve been hiding under a rock since Feb. 4.
Clearer shot of scoreboard right now.
Troll, troll, troll, your boat. pic.twitter.com/rlWUl6a6cL
— mike freeman (@mikefreemanNFL) September 7, 2017
Can’t see it? Let’s take a closer look:
It’s quite the troll job by the Patriots, who won’t even be playing the Falcons on Thursday night. However, in Week 7, the Falcons get to travel to Foxborough to try and avenge their devastating loss on the NFL’s grandest stage.
It’s been a long offseason of 28-3 jokes.
- Somebody tattooed the score on their ass
- A Boston Marathon spectator urged everybody to run with the 3-28 scoreboard
- The Buccaneers’ Twitter account tweeted a picture of Jameis Winston (3) and Vernon Hargreaves (28)
- The Patriots put 283 diamonds on their Super Bowl championship rings
- A New Orleans company attempted to put the 28-3 score on a billboard outside of Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- Somebody made a sign that said “The Falcons blew a 28-3 lead” sign at College Gameday in Atlanta
- To celebrate the NFL season being back, somebody bought a Snapchat filter reminding Atlantans of the blown 25-point lead
Here’s to 283 million more, or 328 million more, or 3.28 million more, or 2.83 million more, or … whatever, you get it.